There is a huge number of sizes and finishes available for Menu Printing for restaurants, hotels, takeaways and cafes. What size and finish you choose will depend on the look and feel that you are trying to convey and where your menu will be displayed or distributed. To make life easy for you we have listed some common sizes and finishes for each type of establishment.
Restaurant / Hotel Menus
- A4 single or double sided – classy, simple option, go for a nice card like a 350gsm silk and possibly add Gloss, Matt or Satin Touch Laminate to give a classy, tactile finish
- A4 4pp (A3 folded in Half) – again classy, but allows space for a simple (or striking) front cover and then 3 sides for the menu – again a nice board and a Gloss, Matt or Satin Touch Laminate is best.
- A4 6pp (630mm x 297mm flat size) – for when there simply isn’t enough space on the page
- A3 Single or Double Sided – Like the A4 option this is a classy, simple option, go for a nice card like a 350gsm silk and possibly add Gloss, Matt or Satin Touch Laminate to give a classy, tactile finish
- All the options above are suitable for Cafe’s
- For a longer lasting menu that is waterproof and tear proof ask us about our Pro-Synthetic range of papers and boards, they are almost indestructible and very suited to a hard life in a cafe environment
Take Away Menus
- Takeaways often need large runs of menus to distribute to homes and display within the take-away so it makes sense to choose sizes that are economical to print in volume.
- Most popular is the 1/3 A4 6pp or A5 4pp, both consist of an A4 menu which is either folded once or twice.
- Another popular choice, especially for large menus is the 99mm x 297mm 6pp (an A3 sheet folded twice)
- Takeaway menus are ideally printed on a cheap glossy paper such as a 115 or 130gsm Gloss
For help and advice with menus of any kind, just give us a call or contact us. Don’t forget if you need it we can also ask our team of Graphic Designers to design your bespoke Menus for you to really make them stand out.